December 19, 2016

Persimmons and Cranberries

Persimmons and Cranberries, 12 x 16", Oil on Canvasboard by Tracy Feldman
This piece is a continuation of my Vegetation on Oilcloth Series. I chose cranberries and persimmons to have together in this work because I like the way their shapes mimic each other, and the way the warm-colored fruit looks on the black and white oilcloth.   I played a lot with the composition to get it "just so."
I started doing this painting by using the underpainting technique I learned in Dreama Toll Perry's course this fall. But I didn't complete it using her using Dreama's ala prima painting style because getting the colors to work well together well involved a lot of experimentation.   I like the result in the end, and I hope you will too. 
I'm considering putting this series up in my gallery on the Fine Art America site because I believe they'd make great subjects for people who wanted to make cards or to get prints of the series for their kitchens, etc.. What do you think?  Should I do that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your thoughts and comments.